Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Prayer Story Part 1

On a recent Saturday morning, I decided to take Jodi and Nicholas to the park so Mommy could get to sleep in, a rarity nowadays. So after being awaken by the alarm clock (Nicholas), I rounded up the troops and got them showered and dressed. Jodi even allowed me to comb her hair (Like Mommy, she usually gives me the "Watch the Hair" look!). After getting them dressed and preparing breakfast, we started toward the door. Departure was delayed though for a few minutes as Jodi needed a diaper change. Leaving the house is more complex than just jumping in the car.

After getting Jodi a fresh diaper and ensuring that there was no more holdups, we started out again. After strapping both kids in the car seat I jumped behind the wheel and paused just long enough to silently say a quick prayer. You see, it is standard in my household to pray before leaving the house each day. After completing the prayer, I put the car in gear and was about to start driving when I heard "Let us pray Daddy". That was Nicholas. Okay so the words were not as clear. But I definitely made out the words "pray" and "daddy". To emphasize his request, he reached for Jodi's hand and mine and we held hands while I prayed. Aloud this time. At this point I should probably amend an earlier sentence.

It is standard for us to hold hands and pray.

Together.

As a family.

Each day.

Before leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment