Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Worries Never Cease

Being a parent I find I worry about everything. From sleeping habits to speech, from playing or roughhousing to dietary preferences. It is never ending. Think about it – if Nicholas keeps getting up in the middle of the night I worry about why he is not sleeping through the night. And when he does sleep through the night I worry if he is sick and just wants to sleep and sleep and sleep.

If he eats everything on his plate I worry if he is eating too much but if he doesn’t eat everything I worry if he is eating enough. And so it is with going to preschool or day care or whatever fancy word there is. I worry if keeping them home would negatively impact their development but at the same time worry if they are ready to go out to school.

Speaking of preschool, I worry about Nicholas having separation anxiety when we decide to put him into preschool but I will worry if he doesn’t shed at least one tear over it.

I worry about temper tantrums and at the same time worry about….. well temper tantrums!

I worry about what career path Angeline will choose and then worry when she tells me. Why? Because I have my own preconceived notions about what she should choose.

I will worry when Angeline, Jodi and Nicholas start dating but will worry if at an appropriate age they are not (well not so much for Angeline and Jodi - they can start dating when they are like forty - five or so).

I used worry about Jodi not saying Mommy for a long time. Now I worry if she doesn’t say Daddy when I walk through the door.

I used to worry about the kids not yet talking and someday I worry that they will never stop. (Aw come on you know what I mean!)

I worry that the list above is not a complete list and thus worry that I will have lot more to worry about as they grow up.

Quite frankly I worry about the fact that I worry so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment